Provincial funding to improve parasport opportunities for Nova Scotians
Last March, the Province of Nova Scotia announced their $5 million investment to make the Nova Scotia sport system more inclusive and accessible. $500 thousand of that funding will go directly to parasport programs, and applications are now open. As of October 1, all provincial sport organizations, their members and those who are registered with joint stocks can apply for support with a variety of things including equipment, program expenses, and parasport training.
This funding will allow eligible community sport organizations across the province to provide equitable, quality parasport programs and create sport opportunities for more people.
“This money will have an enormous positive impact on the sport system. Building quality parasport opportunities throughout the province will support more Nova Scotian’s who live with a disability to be active and healthier. The mental benefits of participation are just as significant as the physical, and I'm excited to see an increase in the parasport opportunities. We’re so fortunate for this funding.”
Paul Tingley, Parasport Coordinator, Sport Nova Scotia
All questions, or to start an application, please contact Sport Nova Scotia’s parasport coordinator, Paul Tingley at [email protected]
The deadline to apply is the 15th of each month. All applications will be reviewed by the Support4Sport Committee at the end of the month.
Approved applicants will receive 80 percent of the funding up-front, and the remaining 20 percent once their project is complete.
Parasport Nova Scotia
Administered by Sport Nova Scotia, Parasport Nova Scotia (NS) supports and promotes the delivery of accessible sport programs across the province. Parasport NS is the first point of contact for athletes, parents, and volunteers to connect with the parasport community. For more information about parasport opportunities in Nova Scotia, go to parasportns.com.
Sport Nova Scotia
Sport Nova Scotia is a voice for amateur sport that promotes the benefits of health, personal development and achievement of all participants. We’re a non-profit, non-government organization representing approximately 60 provincial sport organizations and more than 160,000-member Nova Scotians.